Friday, November 20, 2015

Do I need to declare my camera gear when I travel?




We have compiled a list of the TOP50 questions that we hear on our workshops. From gear, to settings, to composition, and shooting styles, we have decided to post three questions and answers a week till we get through them all.

We hope they answer some of the questions that you may have. Here is todays question.

Question: Do I need to declare my camera gear when I travel?

Answer: You do not need to declare your camera gear when you travel across country borders. But I would create a list of your gear and keep it with you when you travel. I list out the individual pieces that I have. I list the date of purchase, where I purchased it and I list out the serial number.

Sounds a bit excessive, right? Well yes, but once you get stopped by border guards and have all your camera gear searched and you are accused of purchasing a lens while I was in the USA, I thought it prudent to create a list and travel with it.

If you have any further comments, please add them to the comments section below. The more feedback and ideas the better.

Thanks for reading,and please check out all our photo tours and workshops here, http://northof49photography.com/photo-workshops/

Northof49Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment